Breastfeeding & Food Sensitivity Workshop
Allergy rates are rising in babies, and many families find themselves querying whether their fussy baby could have a food allergy and is reacting through their breast milk. Many breastfeeding mothers find themselves cutting foods out of their diet without any guidance, and unsure of how to help their baby. This workshop is designed to help families understand the principles behind allergy and how to manage breastfeeding with a baby with allergy or food sensitivity. It will talk through the research and NICE guidance around identifying whether your baby could be reacting to a food and when to look for extra help.
This workshop will cover the following:
- What is Allergy
- What is Non Allergic Food Hypersensitivity
- Why is allergy increasing?
- Symptoms of allergy and non-allergic food hypersensitivity
- How breastmilk is made and how allergens reach breastmilk
- Common allergens, and common food intolerances
- What is tolerance?
- Determining the cause of your baby's symptoms?
- How to track down the food(s) causing a reaction
- Eliminating foods and dietary support needed around elimination
It will be an interactive workshop where your questions and concerns around food hypersensitivity can be discussed. Although it can't replace a breastfeeding consultation, general guidance around breastfeeding solutions, allergy and nutrition can be discussed as well as next steps in support with allergy / intolerance.
The workshop will be 3 hrs and cost £20. An introduction can be found in the following blog: http://mammaeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/breastfeeding-food-intolerance-allergy.html
The next Breastfeeding & Food Sensitivity Workshop will be held on 18th March 2017 in The Wellington Park Hotel 1pm - 4pm
Book your place below.